Search around, let simmer...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vegetales en crisp...

I haven't been writing much lately, I know. Between graduation (Seniors!!!) and the beautiful June days spent moving bark mulch and stone, things have been busy. Last week I tossed together some tasty Huevos Rancheros with red cabbage, kale, egg whites, and portabello strips. I was pleased myself but there's always room for improvement.

I have been in a pizza-eating mood lately, however. It's not the sort of pizza you might get from your pizza shop down the street I look for - more like the sort of thing you might get from Flatbreads or the American Flatbread company (I can only vouch for the former, I must note - it's a wonderful small chain you should try sometime).

Well My favorite market, Whole Foods, had these crusts called Top This. With my George Foreman electric grill, a whole wheat crust about 1/8 inch thick, a thick homemade red sauce, all topped with mozzarella and Feta Cheeses layered with sliced squashes, mushrooms, and grilled eggplant it was a thing to behold.

Look at those veggies! At least half an inch deep...

Yes, I should have held off on so many ingredients and the sheer volume of sauce I poured atop, but I love my veggies!
The crust was crispy - should have been more so - chewy, and hardy enough to support the weighty toppings I tossed on.
So next time you want a pizza but don't have time to make a good sourdough starter - sourdough crust just makes a better pizza - try Top This.

No comments:

Post a Comment