Search around, let simmer...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Boston-Theater District-Teatro!


Well, cheap for me. Having received a gift card for the Columbus Hospitality group back in November I finally found a good occasion to spend it. There are a few restaurants run by the group; I was recommended L'andand in Burlington but wanted to go into Boston for the night instead. To satisfy my need for a relatively wide Vegetarian menu, I ended up taking my better half to Teatro in the Theater District.

It's a nicely sized and well laid out space. Attractively designed and a bit loud, it was still a great space to have a nice long dinner. We split two plates: Robiola due Latti, Sherry Vinegar Sciroppo, Pine Nut Brittle - a sort of Brie which made her happy - and the Eggplant Rollatini, Ricotta, Tomato & Basil - a nice, warm, comforting app to me. They were well sized, not too large, and satisfying to say the least. Flavors balanced nicely in each dish and they stood out well from one another.
We tried different Entrees: I had the Pan Seared Scallops with a Celery Root Puree and a Blood Orange Piccata. The sweet earthiness of the celery root combined with the tartness of the orange sauce really brought out the flavor of the scallops and helped to keep my palate fresh, I suppose. She had the Chatham Haddock, White Clam Sauce, and Rosemary potatoes. She said the clams were a bit tough - I'm not one for clams myself so I couldn't really say - but otherwise she seemed very pleased with the dish.
For desert she tried the Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with caramelized pecans, I the Chocolate Crema. They were fresh, sweet, and a perfect ending to the meal. The panna cotta was light and just sweet enough and the Crema was rich and dark with a great sliver of Biscotti wedged in.

The service was very good; attentive and friendly. I would recommend Teatro to anyone, as the menu is wide, traditional yet adventurous, reasonably priced, and simply delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment