Search around, let simmer...

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sandwich November...

My better half asked for a sandwich for the long day coming (now upon us). I found a Tempeh-jack sandwich on Happy Healthy Vegan Life in my bookmarks and decided I'd try something similar for the new (again new) Pescetarian.

It's marinated Sautéed Tempeh on a Multigrain loaf with boston lettuce, Alfalfa Sprouts, sundried tomato cheese, a spread of whole grain mustard and (I would recommended) a light go-over of cranberry chutney. I added Bosc Pear slices and a bit of fig-sesame jam.
The pear and fig additions were poorly reviewed and thus I recommended the cranberry spread in place. Experiment, Tempeh can be strong and some may prefer its flavor masked...

Oh, and the tempeh was marinated in a quick blend of Nutritional Yeast, Olive Oil, Spice blend (get creative!), a tablespoon or so of maple syrup, and a squirt of lemon. Just toss them in a good pan for about 4 minutes, until well browned but not stuck on.
Enjoi!

P.S. Heres the inspirational recipe: Farmhouse Tempeh-Jack Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment