Search around, let simmer...

Friday, November 12, 2010

Cookies...

..So calming. Both eating them and baking them.
Life's been more hectic than ever as my college applications are being sent out and as I speak I'm working at the final weekend of my school's production of The Phantom of the Opera.
Needless to say, I haven't exactly had the time to devote to cooking or baking as of late.
This afternoon, however (TGIF!!) I got a few hours to bake some fantastic cookies! They came from a great vegan recipe from Happy Healthy Vegan Life. You can find the recipe below.

I used Canola Oil and a dash extra salt in the batch as the notes suggested possible (as did I use the whole wheat flower I hold so highly). I added a bit extra molasses (as I didn't want to open new Blackstrap Molasses and used the normal stuff, which is somewhat less intense). I also rolled them in extra powdered ginger/brown/cane sugar mixture and baked them for about a minute longer than the recipe specified.
They were the best vegan cookies I've ever made (they're really easy to make and come out very well. I love Vegan Cookies Invade the Cookie Jar but the recipes just don't cooperate with me...)

And in other news, my better half undergoing a transformation (again) to pescetarianism. How long will she last? Wait and find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment