Search around, let simmer...

Monday, September 6, 2010

Too little Thyme...

I don't really have a recipe or even a picture for this one (Well, here, it's too perfect not to show off at the least)
I just wanted to remind of the wonders provided by fresh herbs. Whilst my family was making an enormous pot of meat sauce this weekend, I was making myself a smaller one of Primavera. Sauté diced, semi-peeled Eggplant, julienned Summer Squash, Onions, and Garlic with a ton of fresh Thyme and you have good things. Tossing my veggies with some leftover diced green pepper, fresh basil, garlic powder, cracked pepper, a bit of sugar and plenty of fresh and canned tomato chunks makes for the best sauce. Just don't burn it! Me and my deep need to run at poor times...

But just remember, don't be afraid of herbs (and thick pasta sauces, they're the best kind).

No comments:

Post a Comment