Search around, let simmer...

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sweet Home...

Massachusetts, I'm back in town. Is it good to be back?
You bet.
I haven't done too much cooking I'm afraid, for a long time...
I did however get around to whipping together a simple Quinoa salad for an impromptu soiree with friends from  an earlier time. A better time? No, but a life I miss more deeply with every memory. The six of us enjoyed a bounty of grilled goods, citrusy salad, summer sweets and strawberries. Pounds of strawberries...
I missed home. I missed summer. Come fall, I'll be sick and tired and look forward to college but for the interim, I'll soak in all the sunny, sumptuous, and friended hours I can.

Quick Summer Quinoa:

1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cucumber, partially peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and shopped
3 medium radishes, quartered and sliced
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Evoo
Fresh chopped Organo
Pepper, salt, and spice to taste

Prepare quinoa according to directions and let cool. Combine all ingredients and fluff. Chill and serve!

Enjoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment